It may look familiar, but the Delter Coffee Press is a whole new way of making coffee.
The Delter Press is actually not an immersion brewer. Instead, its makers have dubbed it an injection brewer. The ground coffee is held in a separate chamber from the water until you choose to start pressing. This is an important point, as it avoids water leaking through prematurely and also prevents unintended agitation, which can lead to over-extraction.
The Delter Press also features a clever brew chamber design, that allows you to control water flow, and top up mid-brew. This means that, with the aid of its helpful volume markings, you can do things like pre-infuse your coffee, or easily do a double batch.
Water and coffee only make contact through the process of plunging with the Delter Press, which really makes it quite unique.
Delter Press Features
- Jet Seal: The unique Jet Seal prevents any unwanted agitation during brewing
- Injection brewing: Extraction happens through plunging
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Very portable: It weighs less than 250g
- BPA free: Made of Tritan copolyester
- Double batches: easily top up the water and brew larger batches of coffee
- Pre-infusion: use the Jet Seal to pre-infuse your extraction
Delter Press brewing guidelines
This is a new coffee making device, so we really feel that the best recipes are still to be created. In the meantime, you can already get amazing results using the inventor's recommended brewing parameters.
Watch this video for more info: